Thursday, January 23, 2014

HIlo to Volcano 50K: 32 Miles and 4000 Feet

I am happy to report that I managed to do the Hilo/Volcano 50K.  It was slow.  I averaged about 16 minute miles when I was moving, and made it in 8:51.  Which is under 20 minute miles with all the stops included.  Given my state of being over the last nine months this is a welcome achievement.



It was a difficult, noisy, nasty run with a bad canter on the road most of way. I'm having problems with road runs in general.  This one more so as I was alone with the exception of Feliesha's crew support. I did the walk that I always drive.  I learned some things about it.  Hard run. But you can see I was smiling at the end.  Things are coming along slowly.   Nice to be running again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home