Record Keeping just to keep track
Hit the inner loop again today. Did a 15:30 to the top of Hogsback, 22:30 to the top of Smokies, and a 26:00 to the three way. Pushed up Mangos and saw a couple heading down Nahuina. Made the turn @ 30 and Chased. Caught them at the banana patch. Pushed on and hit the top of Tantalus at 42. One of my better times. I think I've gotten in a 38 once.
I don't like doing this as it requires an early push before my legs are warmed up. I need to hike over from home and do it. Was feeling some pain in my left hamstring and knee on the cross-over and more after I made the turn at the top. Knees were talking to me, grumbling, but not sore at me. I still feel them in the evening.
But a 42! Old times. Huffin and puffin all the way on the ups, but that was good. Have not done that kind of cardio in a while.
Walked back down, the shadows getting longer, the golden hills on the other side of the valley darkening, the birds singing their last songs, the trail, different over the years, but still there, the lines changing, the way the same. I talked to the Sharmas on the way down, they laughed back at me. The darkness settling in under the canopy of Center Trail, slipping down, down, back into the city, happy to be here, feeling fortunate that I receive such a gift.
A 42. Wonder if I can squeeze some more out of it, while taking some stress of my legs? Better to just kiss the 42, celebrate it like a moment with a beautiful woman, move on without expectations.
Kaupekamoku's brothers and sisters screwed each other for the good of the family line. They help create a population of people old at 40 and dead at 60. Some thought is viral. Why blame the Haouli when you forgot a lessen even much more primitive tribes understood. Rousseau was a crippled geek with lies for ideas, and the flu of a thought. He never did a 42 to the road. Screw him.
HB Smkey 3 Way Nuhu Road
4/08 17:00 24:00 30:00
4/10 15:39 22:30 26:00 30:00 42:00
4/11 17:30 26:00 33:00 36:00 49:00

1 Comments:
And I hope you slept well after it!
Daniela
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home