The Gardens; A last few go rounds
It was back to the gardens this Saturday morning. Rex and I doing a well paced 20 miles our last long outing before next
friday's 'Round the Island start.
It was a strong two loops up to Pali and back. Enough cardio on the last Old Pali Road section to get me gasping a bit.
I'm ready to get this long one over with. I dread it, and I'm tired of dreading it. Its just time to start walking. Time to see what I have in the tank.
We are looking at 135 miles in about 48 hours. I think we will do a bit better than that as Rex has rented a van which Judy will drive, and we will have a good number of people out as support crew as well. It will make it a hip pack bottle walk for the most part, or that is the hope. It's just keeping it going. Night time on the Kaneohe to Kahuku section, which may be a bit hard.--Lots of fast cars, narrow verge, and country drunks. The other night section will be Waianae, which will be worse, as the traffic is more intense and the drunks more drunk. Keep on truckin..... will be the rule. Here but I'm gone... Which is where we will be...
Walked the lighthouse with Don and Heather on Monday morning. Don managed to do two and a half repeats. That is a far cry from the bench to bench routes around Kailua beach park we did last April. He is slowly climbing out of his back surgery of two years ago.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home