Sunday, July 7, 2013

Slow Recovery, Patient times, and the Ebbing of Pain

Slow recovery is the process of moving forward through fits of regression. I have stopped trying to get better, stopped being proactive, and just taken on the passive reality of injury recovery.  I hang in the water and let my muscles relax.  I wrap my leg.  I have stopped stretching, stopped massaging, stopped a lot of proactive concepts of healing.   And I'm starting to move forward.  My sciatica is regressing, my leg pain is intermittent.  AND I can actually get some things done.

Its a long process.  There are many revelations beyond the injury.  As I have always felt, my running buddies are gone, almost unwilling to acknowledge the absence.  My hospice friends are there, offering help, and consolation.  I don't hold it against the runners, its what we are.  But running is a temporary world, and it fades immediately as one becomes injured.   It is almost unnatural, or perhaps more natural, more aggressive.

That's the way it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home