A Couple of Makapu'u Repeats
Makapu'u Point

As late as the 1790's Makapu'u point displayed the likeness of the godess Makapu'u along the cliffs at its head. This was a many eyed godess, some say as many as five rounded eyes projected from her forhead. It was the godess makapu'u who welcomed those sailing out of the windward isles as they made the landfall of Oahu. Depending on the weather, and the time of day her greeting may be good or evil. That the godess was never regarded as particularly benificent says much to how the Hawaiians viewed their transit across the channel and final or first glimpse of the island.
Don and I did a couple of Makapu'u repeats today. It was at a fast walking pace and I held up pretty well. My feet are OK and my knees seem to be healing quite well. I will be ready to get back into a trail run in a few days. This is good news as it speaks well for a good run in a few weeks time. I might get bored by then, how knows. Don and I are starting to talk about a 100 in September in Arkansas. That would be fun. He is from there and it would be nice to make the trip with him. Time will tell.
Labels: Random Walks

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home