Monday, January 19, 2009

2009 Hurt 100

The HURT 100 Finisher's Shirt and the 100 Mile Finisher's Belt Buckle. (How do I attach the buckle to my swim trunks?



It took me 20 minutes to get my camera and have somebody take a shot. I came in and stood at the sign just like this for 10 minutes before I realized nobody gave a shit.



I finally grabbed Rex and got this picture. This is one of the most sincere handshakes I have ever made. Rex saved my ass at least twice on this HURT 100!


Fish was with me in spirit if not running right in front of me on the entire HURT. The training we did together is the base I depended upon. The last loop was a typical 'all out' run that we did again and again in training.

And......it wasn't. I wrote a long story about the last one I did in 2007. This one was less dramatic, but no less eventful. I once again finished in 35:50. This year with a lot of help from Rex, who paced me through the last section. Fish and I had run that last section out of Nuuanu so many times that it was just natural to let it all hang out. Thanks to Rex, who saved my ass at one aid station stop, and helped me through what appeared an impossible task of getting out of Nu'uanu, to Fish who has trained with me for months, and to Don who was with me at most aid stations and watched over my progress. I am most fortunate to have such good friends.





Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home