Sunday, January 4, 2009

What I'm wearing for HURT


Ok, Ok....that's not what I'm wearing.....but I'd be interested in seeing Catra wear that!

.....This is mud gear and nothing exciting. But I'd like to get it on record so I can look back on it and see what I thought was good at this HURT.

I'm wearing a pair of Adidas SuperNova Trail 5's. I have two pair, on that is broken in and I might go with those. I have the new ones on standby right now.

I'm wearing a pair in Ingingi Coolmax socks under a pair of Thurlo's. I will likely go with the thicker version but if the weather is dry I might go with the thinner 'trail' ankle version.

I still have my old pair of Lazy Boy Gaiters. My homemade version of golf shirt sleeves. I like them and have worn them for a long time now. They are getting pretty ragged but that is ok.

I will be wearing a pair of Pearl Izumi compression shorts. Another old standby that has seen a lot of mileage. I'm hoping the long distances will make them resistant to chaffing the nemesis of long runs.

I'll likely wear my HURT team shirt. Or my black HURT trail series shirt. I'll have a couple of long sleeve shirts on standby and will be carrying my old running vest.

I will packing my Camelpack, a medical pouch, and a bar pouch. I usually carry a bottle of gue but maybe holding off on that during the early stages of the run. I have been having too many gut problems. I'll swear off the goo for a while.

I'll be wearing my black HURT 100 hat and a bandanna.

I have a my Rayovac Sportsman HIGHBEAM head lamp. and one of my hand helds.

I'll be packing some Nature Valley Bars. The Granola and the Trail Mix varieties.

I'll be running on water and not using mixes, but doing electrolytes every hour. I like the Endurolytes the best.
I'll slather up with Bag Balm before the race. I'll use it liberally at each 20 turn. I'll carry some along. I might carry a cheap poncho if it looks like rain.

Let's get this over with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home