Long Hot Summer
It was a long hot summer spent mostly in New Mexico and the Southwest. I made a trip up to Washington State with the intention of running the Plain 100 but after a few days of hiking the trails I realized it was a bit much for my training level and that I had seen about all I wanted to see of the trails.
I am slowing down, though my general attitude remains good. I just don't see much point in doing events with constraints. That will probably mean that I will stop doing races. I'm at the point where I just can not seem to devote sufficient time to my training, and I am beat up enough that I have to be very careful about how hard I push myself. I don't mind doing the distances but I just have a hard time with the times that are set by race organizers. Rather than bitch about it I'll just look for stuff that suits my ultra endurance concepts.
I am doing the Peacock again this year and have serious doubts about doing the 100 K. It is a real push for me at the present time and I don't have the competitive spirit. I'd like to get out and do the distance over the course but 20 hours is just too little time for me at the moment, particularly with the cut off time at the bottom of long road. That is likely how far I will get before I decide its not worth the push.
Anyway that's where it stands at the End of October 2012.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home