Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Maunawili Demonstration Trail

In the past few weeks I have been going out into Maunawili to work on the trails.  Did a walk in with my Loppers from the Waimanalo side and made it in about 3 miles.  Then Cheryl and I went in and did a hike/trail maintenance hike through, then we did a water drop at the towers, then on Saturday the 14th we did the 'big' trail work day, and I was out there for over 11 hours. Got done with that and felt like I'd run a 100!   Yesterday I went back out with my pick and worked on some places were the trail was washed out or very narrow.  I figure that's almost 24 hours of trail work in a matter of a few weeks.


Maunawili Demonstration Trail

(Thanks Julie N.)






















The trail leads along the base of cliffs and winds around the ridges and valleys.  Far in the distance on the left is the half-way point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home