Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Makapu'u!! Home again.

Down below the Makapu'u road, there is a path that leads to th stone formation and the small bay to the right




It was with great satisfaction and relief that I met Don for a few ups at Makapu'u head. The entire process of getting ready, the drive out, and the transition to the eastern end of the island was a great pleasure for me. I got there on time and was surprised to find that Don wasn't there yet. So after sitting around for a bit, I made my way up the road, keeping my eye on the curve in the road at the bottom of the ridge, and looking for Don's car.

It was blowing a bit, threatening to rain, and I found myself kind of hiding in the lee of the Keawe that grows along the road. There is a path that leads out to the small bay and remnants of fishponds that offered some shelter. Finally I spotted Don's car, and waited until it made the turn into the parking area. As it headed down toward the parking I began a 'great striding' down the road and into the parking area. I don't know how much of this act Don caught, it didn't much matter, actually. In the end it appeared that I had just finished an 'up'. It was a long and complicated production for such a small joke. But you never know.

After a good greeting we managed to do a couple of good loops. It was good to get together and to talk. Don about his trip to the northwest and Glacier, and me about the high desert and the Rocky Raccoon.

It was windy and kind of chilly, but it was good to back in Hawaii no matter what the weather!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home