Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Agurrie Springs and Pine Tree Trail.

The Pine Tree Trail at Agurrie Springs
Looking Northwest at the 'Rabbit Ears' along the Pine Tree Trail.


Wayne and I went over to Aguirre Springs for the afternoon. I needed to get out and do a hike, and he wanted to take some pictures of a particular tree that he has been photographing over the past year. The springs is over on the eastern side of the Organ Mountains and just above the White Sands Testing Grounds. It is a beautiful place with lots of pinion pine and an abundance of wildlife. Wayne mentioned that they took a number of male mountain lions out of the area, and talked about the host of snakes that one can run into in warmer weather. I've smelt mountain lion marking before, and one can not miss it if you pass by.

It was a beautiful day, as you can see from the pictures. I did a fast walk up the hill and jogged down at a good pace. The loop is just over four miles. It was a nice hike. Click here for more pictures: More Pictures

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home