Sunday, September 23, 2007

Days of Idleness

Its been a long week since the conclusion of the Lost Soul and I can not note a single effort to get out and exercise. It has been a total melt down. I have spent a lot of time in bed sleeping, or lying in bed reading, or sitting in front of the TV doing nothing. Part of the problem has been a growing collection of pains emanating from my feet. It started with a few vagrant sharp pains, then it developed into a series of pains that had my legs dancing, and finally it is waking me up at night with a long set of pains. I'm not sure what it is, but I believe it developed from wearing my Aciscs shoes over 250 miles of trails during the last races.

This may terminate my Marathon of runs. I will follow it for the next few days. If it does not get better I am not going to do the Bear. It will be regrettable but given the fact that this is likely neuroma related and can have long term implications, I feel it is better to give up the Bear and get my act together for the 12 hour which means more to me.

Time will tell. I have been massaging it a bit more today and discovered that it is a pain that emanates not from the sole of my foot under the metatarsals but from my lateral ankle and a number of tendons in that area. I have been giving that some good massage and for the moment it seems to have improved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home