Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Turned Right onto the Road...

Turned right onto the road and headed up valley.  Did a PDice-bench run. Can not really call it a repeat as I ran into some foot problems and decided to slow pace it home.  But the up times were personally impressive with a 14:25 to the Falls, a 39:20 to the Pie Stand, and a 53:10 to the Grassy Knoll.  Sat on the Bench for a minute and headed back down.  But as I said I felt some heel pain in my right foot, some strange pain in my left knee, and stopped the real pushing.  Made it back to the Pie Stand in 1:12 and down and out in about 1:58. 

 There was quite a lot of running, jogging and fast racewalking up the switchbacks.  It felt good.  I was very cognizant about not pushing my mind beyond the section I was doing, giving it all the attention I could and just letting it roll.  It worked, except for a space out there on the Nu'uanu trail as I made my way thorugh the last of the Flats Forest, where I found myself walking and not thinking about running.  Then I got back on it again and managed to run the ups and ridges for the most part.  I had hoped for better than a 1:53, but that's the way it panned out.   I have one more hard run to do before I head out on Saturday to attempt the Peacock with little on-sight training this year.  Should be interesting.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home