Peacocks for lack of other birds
I ended up going out to Peacocks as my east side plans did not eventuate. It was one of those laid back days I will likely always remember as representing Peacocks, while it actually was not particularly strenuous--which is absolutely what Peacocks is not about. Iconic moments which really are not--it defines culture.
I got there late, took a long time getting to the top, headed out Gordon's backwards, ran into Jeff and Nick--who told me Don was a mile back. I sauntered along taking some pictures, found a high hill and waited. I waited, and meditated, and listened to the wind, and felt the sun on my back and just zoned. It was nice. I heard voices and waited and off in the distance toward the balls I saw two people, and it didn't seem like Don, but I waited and slowly the people came across the ridge, and down along the edges as I relaxed-- it was Heather and Willy. I just sat and listened and meditated, and listened to the songs of the wind, the birds, and the voices of people. Heather and Willy came up the slope and walked below me and disappeared off up the trail. I sat, and felt the cool rains and the heat of the sun, and finally decided to get up and go farther down the trial. Going the wrong way is always revealing. It was another trail with different vistas sight lines. Finally I heard voices and hopped up on a rise just above the trail and crossed my legs again and meditated. You could almost reach up and grab me from the trail. Slowly Don and Julie came up the trail. talking and moving along. I was watching and looked right into Julie's eyes. But they came up on me and moved right on by. I jumped down and followed them for fifty yards, before my shuffling caused Don to turn. Julie looked back at me and her eyes got really wide. "Ooh, you were sitting up there weren't you?" "Yes," I said. "You were sitting up there in lotus position meditating weren't you? "Yes," I said. "I saw you, I told myself I saw you. I said to myself I see this guy sitting up there next to me on the hillside meditating in lotus, but, but, my mind just made an executive decision to ignore you. It was so strange. "Well, that was likely a pretty intelligent decision. If I were walking along this cliff and I saw something like that I think I'd want to ignore it too," I replied. "Could you call that a hallucination? asked Don. "No," I said, "I was there and both Julie and I knew that. It wasn't what she did see that wasn't, it was what she chose not to see that was." Kind of a negative Hallucination.
I left Don and Julie at the stash, and pushed half heartedly down the crossover. I figured I'd run into Huffer and Nick in time. So I did the ridges, the Endless Valley, and had done the first, the second of the smaller valleys when I finally ran into them onthe way back. So we started back together. We covered the ground much faster, and before I knew it we were at the back of Endless Valley and pushing on out along the ups. And they guys started to move ahead of me, and I'd catch up a bit on the steeps, and then finally I rounded a corner and they weren't there, and even after pushing up a steep they were still not up ahead, and I went back to waking, having consumed a third of my water very quickly. But the high cardio was great. When I got to the bottom and the Huffer had waited around for me in true HURT style. I thanked him and he boogied. I had a few V8's and I boogied too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home